Making culture around oil, its traditions and methods used in harvesting by bringing together art and various segments of food and wine with the event “Flavors of Art.”
The event is scheduled for Saturday, October 3, 2020, and is organized by Agriturismo “Biorussi” in collaboration with the eno-elaio-gastronomic magazine LIKE and the Consortium for the Protection of the Gargano IGP Orange and the Gargano IGP Femminello Lemon for a day of experience and knowledge among the ogliarola garganica trees.
An open-air Laboratory also for the 2020 edition where elaioculture, food and trekking intersect with a series of moments designed to raise awareness and better appreciate green gold and bring together producers of wine, sparkling wine, jams and spirits. In previous years, the event was held in August over two days: accomplices of the restrictions act, this year they wanted to experiment with an egg formula in the fall to coincide with the first few rounds of the olive harvest on a weekend-next weekend-that promises to be favorable for weather.
- 9:30 a.m. Arrival of participants, all anti-Covid measures are implemented with related registration.
- 10 a.m. Demonstration and workshop olive harvesting in the traditional way.
- 10:30 a.m. Olive harvesting demonstration using modern methods
- 12:00 Noon Opening of the booths of collaborating companies
- 12:30 p.m. Musical and food show “Acquasala will save the world”
- 1:30 p.m. Peasant picnic with tasting of new oil
- 3:30 p.m. Trekking Lake Varano with the guidance of Domenico Sergio Antonacci (optional)
- 5:30 p.m. Oysters and bubbles at sunset, St. Michael’s oyster tasting (included in trek)
- 7 p.m. End of the trek
COSTS AND SERVICES INCLUDED (REGISTRATION REQUIRED)
- 30€ per person with trekking / 20€ per person without trekking
- Walking among the olive trees and harvesting (up to a maximum of 25 participants)
- Farmer’s picnic
- Gastro-musical performance
- Trekking to Lake Varano (optional up to a maximum of 25 participants)
- Sunset aperitif (up to a maximum of 25 participants)
MANDATORY REGISTRATION AND INFORMATION AT 3477951255, FOR TREKKING AT 3931753151 OR AT WWW.GARGANONATOUR.IT
In collaboration with Reverendo Podolico, I Lake, Gargano NaTour and Consorzio Agrumi del Gargano.